Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Welcome!

Two questions are likely at the forefront of your mind:
  1. Why the name? Birkenstock Conservative because, well, I'm a Birkenstock wearing conservative. Birkenstocks don't define me. They're just so darned comfy. The left believes it owns the "Birkenstock crowd." Not true. Case in point. Moi (that's an attempt at French as, I believe, French is the only language spoken by the left).
  2. Why the blog? Political events occasionally inspire me blog. As such ruminations aren't appropriate for Digito-Society, my primary blog, an alternate outlet seemed approprite.

2 comments:

D. B. Light said...

Are birkenstocks really that comfortable? They always looked a bit awkward to me. I usually wear Clark sandals [they wear well and are pretty comfortable] but am always looking for ways to increase my comfort level.

REK said...

Birkenstocks are awkward until broken in, but they're not for everyone. I've owned Clark's, too. Their symbolism is perhaps the biggest differentiator.